Wednesday 12 June 2013

Just Random Stuff That Comes Up: Between Grave Encounters And Grave Encounters 2

News Flash: I've just seen a movie that made me retch really hard in my sleep!
     I thought I'd seen the most terrifying movie in my life when I watched 28 Weeks Later (It'd been Silent Hill 1 (Before that Mirrors)). I was wrong. Very wrong. Now I've taken ill for my error. But I will live.

     The rave had been on since last year, I think. I'd even checked its three-minute trailer on Youtube. But what made me go on and watch it was after seeing it on several top lists of horror movies of the decade. You know what was worse? Because I didn't believe it would totally freak me out, I got the 2 too. Imagine that.

     Grave Encounters Storyline: For their ghost hunting reality show, a production crew locks themselves inside an abandoned mental hospital that's supposedly haunted - and it might prove to be all too true.



      I don't know if it's just me but it's appearing that the found footage format for movies is becoming the fad these years. Quarantine 1 was a success. Yeah, that movie scared the shit out of me too. Thank God for The Blair Witch Project. It has proved to be a revolutionary movie. Exactly what Night Of The Living Dead has been to the zombie genre so far.
     The movie started off innocently, in fact so innocent that except for the originality the characters portrayed in their roles, I had considered shutting it off to turn to some writing. Then when the crew go in and tell the caretaker to keep them in lockdown, I was, "Ok, this is getting interesting.". The plot behind the plot took me too. The haunted building had been a dumping ground for lunatics. I mean, what's more terrifying than mad specters. Really mad specters. Which (now I'm really pitying myself) Grave Encounters had aplenty. But it wasn't... how should I describe...
      Her...

 

...that freaked me out at first, though she really did a number's number on me. And that tongueless demon something that was hanging from the ceiling. Why would any sane scriptwriter put that there? It was disturbing. Goddamn disturbing.
      What scared the shit out of me (really) the most was the no-way out part, when T. C. tries to break the front door down and finally succeeds only to find that the front door was no longer the front door and instead opens to more wards. Around back, the Exit sign points to a blank wall. Then everything goes to hell! Like an insane representation of Hell. Eventually, badass, phony, overbrash Lance gets more truth than he tried to find.
 Grave Encounters 2 Storyline: A film student who is obsessed with the movie Grave Encounters sets out with his friends to visit the psychiatric hospital depicted in the original film.
     I was hooked after the part one that I dove headfirst into the two, partially so find how much more it would mess with my mind. And it did not disappoint. In fact, it was more original than the first, from my point of view. It had everything the first had, except with more involvement of...
this guy...



... and his entrance was even more dramatic. However, the sequel let me down in that someone finds a way out of the madhouse. (Not the first time, which was a more intriguing twist the story had. The lead actor and a couple of folks get out of the building and actually make it to their room and then they take the elevator down and the door opens back into the same building. That was more riveting than the first part.) That kind of dampens my belief that there might be a three. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping.
     I'm still reeling from the long night's unrest. I'll get well soon though. All I need's a good meal and a decent high school movie. Then after that The Cabin In The Woods. Because I can't hear anything else but it everywhere around me now.

Quote Of The Day
While seeking revenge, dig two graves - one for yourself.
~Douglas Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment